LEVO Oil Infuser
The Levo I and II are great countertop devices for making high quality small batch infusions.
If you don’t grow your own cannabis and buy it by the ounce (or less), or if you prefer to make small batches of deliciously infused oil, the Levo is perfect for you.
It uses an infusion method that doesn’t pulverize your herb, and dispenses your infused oil directly into a jar or container, making it the cleanest infusion method I’ve ever used.
Since the Levo gently infuses your oil or butter, it doesn’t whip in any air bubbles, increasing the shelf life of your oil. I compared the potency of this oil with the other oils I’ve made in Dazed + Infused and it was just as potent as any other method but had the best flavor.
And did I mention that the machine is completely beautiful and really well designed
What Is the Levo I?
The Levo I was a solid first attempt. The company still sells it at a lower price point of $149.99, but there were a few things that weren't perfect about that model.
- It was a little tricky to get the last bit of oil out, so they added an extra silicon piece to help the oil drain more easily. Since everything is dishwasher friendly, this isn't a huge deal. But there are already a lot of small-ish pieces and it makes the streamlined idea of what the Levo is (like a cannabis/herbal infusion Keurig) less of a reality since you have to handle the extra pieces. Again, not a huge deal and for the reduced price point, the OG Levo is a great value.
- Includes the “herb pod” which IMHO is way too small, unless you're using very high potency herb. You can order the power pod and the herb press (which I'd highly highly recommend). I wouldn't use this device without the power pod and herb press, so you'll need to add a little more to your budget (a total of $15.99 right now) to make it a really worthwhile investment.
The Levo 1 is perfect for you if:
- you want a great gift to a friend or relative who wants to get into making their own infusions.
- you want a gadget for infusions and are on a budget.
- you'll only be making small batches.
What is Levo II?
What I love about the folks at Levo was that they didn't stop there. They redesigned their first gadget and The Levo II is a significant upgrade to the original device and has a higher price tag to go along with it – $349.99
It’s a new gadget in my kitchen, so I can’t say anything about how well it holds up to long term or heavy use just yet, but the team at Levo is really on top of things and handles issues quickly.
The Levo II is perfect for you, if you:
- want to create the highest quality artisanal oils that will last for a long time, with the least amount of mess and the most control over temperature… the Levo was made for you.
- make small batches.
- don't already have a decarboxylator.
- want an all in one device that takes plant material from wet, to decarboxylated to infused at the push of a button.
- are a baller and you like having the newest, coolest version of things. This is definitely the most technologically advanced device on the market right now and looks so dope on your countertop.
The Levo II comes with a power pod, but you'll still need to add on the herb press if you want one. I personally wouldn't use this machine without one because it's what makes it so clean and easy to strain.